Sequelguerrier's Reviews > P.S. Your Cat Is Dead

P.S. Your Cat Is Dead by James Kirkwood Jr.

Oct 26, 11

I got myself a book I first read almost 25 years ago! 'P.S. Your cat is dead' by James Kirkwood. Funny I still remember picking it up from a Supermarket bookshelf in Jakarta. You know the kind, the latest potboiler from Grisham, Rosewater from Cartland... So I didn't expect much but of course it had a cat in the title and I was clean out of reading material, so I picked it up. Was I ever in for a surprise! One thing is for sure whoever, ordered that book for the store hadn't even bothered to read the story outline because this was one gay cat of a book. And of course gay in 198ties Indonesia was tabu (unless it was on the beach in Bali and he was giving you a massage but that is another story). Actually, this was the first book ever that I picked up from a 'mainstream' bookstore or shelf and that was openly, unashamedly, funnily gay. Two decades later it is still fresh and fun. No spoilers, suffice to say Jimmy has a really bad day but really, really bad and that leads to one thing and another and Vito ends up tied up over the kitchen sink.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read P.S. Your Cat Is Dead.