Brandon's Reviews > Civil War

Civil War by Mark Millar

Nov 06, 11

bookshelves: fiction, comix, letdowns, 2011, marvel
Read in November, 2011

I don't know what I expected here.

This was a colossal letdown. To be truthful, I was pretty bored reading this. I read a few reviews from people on here that suggested reading a few of the other individual "Civil War" issues as they more or less, fill in some gaps.

I had this gut feeling that I wasn't really going to understand what was going on here. With all these other story lines running on the side in individual series', I wasn't sure where to start. Hey, it's not rocket science; I did manage to get the gist of it but I failed to see the point. I didn't quite understand why they needed to kick the crap out of each other! Especially considering the way it ends. I also hated (view spoiler).

The idea was extremely interesting and I kept thinking how I would have written it or pulled it off. I had a few scenarios in my head but nothing seemed interesting. It's hard to really pin-point my problem with the series but I'm hoping someone can guide me in the right direction. Do I need to read the others? Is there something I'm missing?

5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Civil War.

message 1: by mark (new)

mark monday i found myself bored just flipping through some of the titles at the comic book shop. i never ended up buying anyway. i'm mentally filing this with Zero Hour in my cabinet of Failed Crossover Attempts.