Patricia's Reviews > Black Sun

Black Sun by Graham  Brown

Oct 26, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read in September, 2011

The 2012 Prophecy like you have NEVER imagined! A must read!

Ok, ok, I know the 2012 prophecy has been done TO DEATH, but never like this! Hidden ancient relics around the world, unbelievable results when they are unleashed on the world. A young Russian boy, the tragic victim of his governments scientific experiments and, as Danielle Laidlaw and Hawker learn, an innocent thrust into the middle of the end of the world...or is it?

Black Sun grabs you from the first pages with the story of young Yuri and how he winds up lost to the Russian Government only to end up in the hands of a maniac. We move quickly into action and intrigue where Danielle ends up kidnapped by the same maniac that holds young Yuri. In a desperate bid to free her, Danielle's mentor Arnold Moore defies a direct order from the President of the United States and finds Hawker to rescue Danielle. Reckless adventure ensues with a rescue, an extra passenger, finding an old friend, deep sea diving, sharks, boat chases, a crazy man in a mechanical suit, plane crashes, a little romance...you name it you will probably find it in this great book!

This is a globetrotting adventure that grabs you at the start and won't let go until you've read every last word! It is a MUST READ if you have read Graham Brown's first book Black Rain: A Thriller and if you are at all a fan of the Clive Cussler type of adventure books. Trust me, if you've read or heard anything about the "end of the world" prophecies of 2012 the way this adventure ends is an unexpected twist on the old tale like you've never seen or heard before! I can't wait for the third book (The Eden Prophecy) to come out in January and also highly anticipated is his Clive Cussler collaboration on Devil's Gate in November.

I could definitely see these two books (Black Rain and Black Sun) becoming blockbuster big Hollywood movies! Hollywood are you listening?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Sun.