Michael's Reviews > Double Dexter

Double Dexter by Jeff Lindsay

Nov 05, 11

bookshelves: crime, 2011, mystery, detective, serial-killers
Read from October 26 to November 06, 2011

Dexter the vigilante serial killer is back and this time he has a shadow. This shadow is causing a lot of trouble for Dexter, making it hard to fake being human. When this person witnessed Dexter and his playmate, this mysterious person makes his life hell. will Dexter be exposed? Will he be framed? Will he loose? You’ll have to read the book and find out. Double Dexter is a fantastic addition to the series, remaining dark, humorous and more exciting that never. I think I’ve found my favourite of the series.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Double Dexter.

10/26/2011 page 21
show 9 hidden updates…

message 1: by Luke (new)

Luke How's it going?

Michael So far, so good

message 3: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ Really?!? I think that this was the one in the series that started to *really* annoy me. I really enjoyed the whole 'realistic' elements... and then out comes this weird shadow thing... yeah , I think I'm rambling!

message 4: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ Ooops... sorry... I started hating the series after Dexter By Design!! :P

Michael I didn't realize you've read this one. I thought you were a few books behind.

But I like the conflict between dexter and the guy causing his life to be hellish

message 6: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ Somehow the story plot sounds familiar, though... maybe I read it and then totally never added it to my Goodreads account?? Unheard of, for me, I know, but possible!

Michael If it helps, it only came out last month so if you've read it, it would of been very recently :-P

message 8: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ lol xD I know that! But somehow I still feel like I read it... it's odd!

Or maybe the plot of the books just gets really repetitive?

Michael possibly Dearly Devoted Dexter; which has Sgt. Doakes following Dexter

message 10: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ Meh... doesn't really matter. Fact is, it was a super TOTALLY ROCKING series, and then it got weird. I'm glad you could stick with them as they got weird!!

Michael It did get weird for a few books, but I think this book is a huge improvement. I did enjoy Dexter Is Delicious with all the cannibals, but this one seems to have redeemed the series.

If you want a weird scenario with a serial killer maybe you should read I Am Not A Serial Killer :P

message 12: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ It's already on my much too enormous to-read shelf! xD

Whenever I have 'extra time' on my hands, I tackle that shelf and look around to see if I can get any of those books yet.

I shall bump it up a bit. Thanks for the recommendation! <3

message 13: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ Ohhhh, found it!! I suppose I have another book to drag my attention away from anatomy and other vital school subjects now. Gah! Darn you KL! :P

Michael It might make you want to begin working in a morgue or become a sociopath :P

message 15: by ♥Xeni♥ (new)

♥Xeni♥ Hah! You wish :P Then I'd stop commenting all over your reviews!!

Michael You're allowed to comment on all of my reviews. But I do read books that ain't about sociopaths....sometimes