Shellie Cruz's Reviews > Article 5

Article 5 by Kristen Simmons

Dec 29, 11

bookshelves: arc
Read from December 06 to 17, 2011

If you’re looking for a book that is action packed, adrenaline pumping, and has a guy that makes your heart melt, you have found the right one! I couldn’t wait to start reading this and as I knew, I wasn’t disappointed. We are brought into a world where the War has ended, they have done away with The Bill of Rights and have replaced them with Moral Statues. Instead of police they have soldiers for the Federal Bureau of Reformation, FBR, mainly known as the Moral Militia.

Unlike other dystopian novels that I have read, Ember actually remembers what it was like before the war, before everything deteriorated around her. When the days that she and Chase could do whatever, stay out as late as they wanted, and anyone could read whatever they felt like at any time without the worries of being arrested. I was carried away in this new world where everything is scarce after the war. You cannot trust anyone both Ember and Chase have learned that the hard way. There are so many twists and turns, I couldn’t guess what was about to happen next and I absolutely loved that.

Just five pages in your already throw into an action packed heartbreaking scene where Embers mother is being taken into custody. Among the soldiers is Chase, Embers neighbor and only love before he was drafted to join the MM. Ember doesn’t give up easily she fights as well but ends up being taken to the Girls Reformatory and Rehabilitation Center. She has heard stories of those arrested and taken away, most don’t come back…and now she sees why. The journey that she is about to go on is one that makes her see just how bad things are and how much one will go through for the person they love.

There are so many things that I loved about this book. I literally couldn’t put it down (unless absolutely having to like…sleep and work). I was sucked in from page one and wasn’t let go until the very end, and man-oh-man was I taken on a journey like no other! I love this world that Kristen has created. The way that she has paced everything was so perfect, the no-hold-back action, creepy scenes that sends shivers all over, and a beautiful heartbreaking love between two people that just made my heart melt again and again. It felt like I was right there along with Ember and Chase during their journey that I found my heart beating frantically when they were faced with certian situations.

I absolutely loved the flash backs that Ember had of Chase, we get to see what he was like before having being drafted. We get to see and experience just for those brief moments what their relationship was like and what they have already went through and still have to go through to betogether.

This is one book that will definitely stay with me and one that I highly recommend. It had everything that it needed in there from the action to love, it definitely played on my heart strings, and has me yearning for the next book in this trilogy…which by the way cannot come fast enough, I thought it was a long wait from 2011 to 2012 HA! now I have to wait until 2013 to get more of Chase their story!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Article 5.

12/06/2011 page 96
25.0% "my heart just melted...<3"
12/08/2011 page 330
86.0% "I don't want it to end!!!! Sooooooooo good"
12/08/2011 page 384
100.0% "Can I just say WOW!!! *keeps reopening book thinking it will magically be the next in the series* Love Love Love this book!!! review to come =)"