Katrina's Reviews > Demons of Granite Rock

Demons of Granite Rock by Kara Lee Lovell

Feb 28, 12

Read from February 17 to 28, 2012

3 1/2 stars

Demons of Granite rock is an intense thriller that will keep you intrigued - a thriller – horror, good vs. evil... A means to and end if you may call it that... Mark is a ghost – his job Granite rock Utah, a small town in the middle of the sticks now overrun by a mentally unstable cult and possessed by the evil that dwells. The innocent citizens are being killed off one by one. We follow Mark’s life as a ghost – his job to fix the community along with the rift that has torn the sisters who founded the small town apart. .

Demons of Granite rock is a great page turner with lots of action and kick arse scenes. A vivid array of things that go bump in the night. Love and betrayal and the survival within, trust issues and moving on...

Mark is kick arse, brave and strong, but his past may just hold him back - will his past come back to haunt him in more than one way... I enjoyed his character, even has a ghost he had appeal ;)

The romance between the characters was evident , ;) and at times smokin .. I must say even in a suspenseful thriller – I love to see a little loving – and Kara gave us that!

Kara has a great debut novel here, for all who enjoy Stephen king = Demons of Granite rock will suit you perfectly. It will have your gut churning and not only your insides squirming but have you turned upside down and inside out lol ... If you’re not use to reading a thriller of this kind ((like me)) it will certainly make you feel like you have creepy things crawling over you loll. It will keep you intrigued from the beginning to see where Mark takes us and to see what is taking over Granite rock. The cover is mysterious alone and this novel well over 450 pages long is worth every cent at only -99 cents via amazon!!

The only reason for my 3-5 star review is that this kind of story is not normally a genre I would read. So Ive given it a 4 .. :) It was well put forth and an interesting storyline. It certainly intrigued me enough to read the whole book and enjoy it ! I will be keeping an eye on Kara's works in the near future.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demons of Granite Rock.