Lynn's Reviews > Trapped

F 50x66
Oct 25, 2011

liked it
Read in October, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I love survival type books, and was okay with this being a YA book that I hoped I could share with my son. The premise was great - bunch of teens stuck in a days long blizzard in a high school... but there was so much not right with it. The character development was poor, especially with the girls who were just kind of there as eye candy. When Scotty would have insights, like about Les or Elijah, they seemed real and on voice, but the actual interactions between the kids was stiff and almost robotic. Then there was the lack of real danger - they never had to actually worry about food - in fact they could have probably done weeks more on a standard school cafeteria's food, and that's without even hacking the vending machines. They worried about using up the radio's batteries, but even in this day and age you can go through any classroom and find stashes of batteries. And I couldn't quite understand why they would sleep on the cold floor when every school has cots in the nurses office and mats for gym.
And I have to say, I was FURIOUS at the abrupt ending. As I was getting closer I couldn't figure out how the author would wrap it all up, and then to find out he simply didn't. Whoosh, you're saved. Weird.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trapped.