Michael's Reviews > Paper Towns

Paper Towns by John Green

Nov 17, 11

bookshelves: ya, mystery, edgar-award, realistic-fiction, 2000s
Read from November 14 to 18, 2011

I’ve wanted to read a John Green book for a while now, so I finally did it; I choice Paper Towns simply because it was the one that I’ve seen talked about the most. Paper Towns tells the story of Quentin ‘Q’ Jacobsen, a vulnerable and imperfect teenager so realistic I could easily relate to him. Q’s infatuation for the girl next door leads him to make a lot of stupid choices, but all of them for Margo Roth Spiegelman. When Margo mysteriously runs away, Q sets out to decipher all the clues in the hope to find her and win her heart.

This is a fun book; it’s very easy to read, realistic; while seeming very familiar. By no means is this a romance, but more like a typical teenage story of the obtainable girl and the adventure the boy goes on in the hopes to obtain love. This has so many nerdy references from computer games, music, the internet and even cryptography. I was very impressed with this book and can’t wait to read some more John Green or even a book like this; possibly Skippy Dies or The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paper Towns.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melki (new)

Melki My oldest son is a big John Green fan. I've read two by him, but this one is still in my stack.

Michael What do you think of John Green?

message 3: by Melki (new)

Melki "Looking For Alaska" is still my favorite. I've preordered his new one coming out in January. My son has me watching Green's video blog - http://www.youtube.com/user/vlogbrothers - It's a hoot!

Michael I've checked out the youtube channel, I think I'm addicted now