Proserpine's Reviews > Fate Fixed

Fate Fixed by Bonnie Erina Wheeler

Nov 11, 11

Read from November 08 to 09, 2011 — I own a copy

I won this ebook (Thanks to Bonnie Wheeler BTW) and I didn't even know what was that about. The cover is suprisingly attractive, the eyes of the main character (Lexie) are pretty alluring. I was captivated by the cover but also by the blurb. In the mean time I had a e-reader (Kobo) and I transfert every ecopy I had on it. After reading a few PNR book I decided to try an YA and Stumble on Fate Fixed. What I shame that I didn't read it sooner! It was delightful and unpredictable! I star this book and couldn't stay away for more than a hour!

This story is fulfilled with actions, suspences, mystery, lovely characters, a good plot and a great ending! Wow. After reading the two first chapters, where both main characters (as Lexie and Torin) were dreaming about each other, I was curious and wanted to know more. But what really ring a bell was Maxim's actions (stepbrother of Lexie). A mysterious figure, dark but attractive at the same time and just as creepy but that really makes me want to read more and more.

All the mystery that hang around Lexie's stepfamily was really intriguing and captivating. Lexie (the main charcter) is a normal teenage girl who's living a hard time after her Dad's death. Her Mom's get remarried and now the whole new family are moving into a new home in a new city. Lexie did not only gained a new father, she also did gain three brothers already in addition to her little sister. The stepfamily is acting very strangely and even her mother's start to behaving oddly. But all these new changes aren't the least Lexie's have to worry about. Because the new family, home or town aren't the most dangerous change she will have to face.

Lexie will finaly met Torin (in the new town), the guy she always dream about and they relationship will grow.
I think Lexie is a great character, most of teenage girls can identified to her. She's not bitchy or lame. She's the kind of girl that everybody love. She doesn't back down, but still, she a very attaching girl.

Torin's a handsome guy who's stuck with a big secret. He's very protective of his family, his friends and he really cares about them. The kind of guy I would like to have meet at 17 years old.... hummm! :D

The development of the story is well described. It focuses quickly on the main characters and their actions. Several mysterious and unresolved event will occur and that will bring Lexie to suspect the arrival of a strange creature in the woods surrounding his home and the rest of the city. I adore this plot and I was eager to know what would happens to Lexie her family, friends and others! I really like how the story was writen: Each chapters titles is showing who's speaking and I find this really helpfull. I really enjoy that kind of writing.

I like all the myths and legends surrounding the creatures in this books. I really enjoy the little historical part who decribed very well what happened in the past and why they remain.

I recommend this book: if you liked Twilight but had enough of the same kind of story and still love vampire/werewolf creatures you'll have to try Fate Fixed. This was a great read, surprising and marvelous story you wont believe how this will end!
I'm eager to read the next from this series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fate Fixed.

11/08/2011
66.0% "I'm totally falling for this one!"
11/08/2011
85.0% "Oh my!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bonnie (new) - added it

Bonnie Wheeler Thank you so much! It makes me so happy that you enjoyed my little book! :D

Proserpine Thanks for stopping by! I can't wait to read the next one! Thanks for giving me a really good time with this book!