Jenilyn Braden's Reviews > The Adventures of Captain Underpants

The Adventures of Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey

Dec 14, 11

bookshelves: adventure, funny-silly, imagination, interactive, school-related, transitional
Read in October, 2011

I used to read these books when I was a kid and I loved them, so I decided to step back in time and read them again. I still really enjoyed them, but I also remembered why I liked them so much when I was a kid. When I was younger, I thought everything related to underwear and stuff was really funny, and I think kids are still like that for the most part. However, there's more humor in it than just that. I laughed quite a bit while reading this book, and it wasn't because of the "underwear" type humor. They're cleverly written books and I also really liked the comic book style they had. It would also be good for kids to read so they could see how important they're creativity could be. The book is about two kids that make their own comic books about their own super hero that they made up, and if children could see an example like that then it might inspire them to be creative as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Adventures of Captain Underpants.