Mel's Reviews > The Bite Before Christmas

The Bite Before Christmas by Lynsay Sands

Dec 06, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, urban-fantasy, favorites, demons, vampires, kindle-edition, 4-stars-books, fiction, series
Read on October 25, 2011

I love me some Bones!! Not to mention that i love the Ian time!!

Jeaniene Frost has a new short story from her acclaim series Night Huntress. The story is a part of an anthology along side Lynsay Sands called The Bite Before Christmas. Like the title suggests, the story takes place during the holiday festivities. The stories that compose this anthology are "The Gift" by Sands and "Home for the Holidays" by Frost.

I will try to keep the review as spoiler free as posible.

The Gift by Lynsay Sands

I haven't read this short story yet, so will update this part of the review once i have gone through it

Home for the Holidays by Jeaniene Frost

I love this story and the fact that we get more of Bones' past shown to us. Chronologically, this story comes almost immediately after the events on One Grave at a Time, which was released this past August.

In Home for the Holidays Cat is getting ready to do something completely out of the ordinary in her typical lifestyle; spend some time at home, battling no one, and celebrating the festivities, not to mention spending some serious time with her delicious husband Bones. The celebration kicks off with Bones' B~day Party. But what is suppose to be a joyful time among family and friends takes a turn for the worse when a dark secret gets revealed. Lives become threatened, friendships might be broken and with a marriage in danger the stakes could not be higher (for a short story that is).

If one thing is certain is that Jeaniene Frost knows how to torture us fans of her books. For those of you ladies that have been claiming more Ian time, he gets some in this story, however, the story's main focus remains Bones and his back-story. Unfortunately for those of you who are Vlad fans he doesn't make an appearance in this one, but we do get a glance at Fabian, Mencheres, Kira, Spade, Denise, Annette and a new Vampire that becomes the surprise of a century (or two) for Bones. The story also explore a bit more in depth the world of Demons and how their inner workings.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bite Before Christmas.

10/25/2011