L-D's Reviews > The Closer You Get (Distance Between Us, #2)

The Closer You Get (Distance Between Us, #2) by L.A. Witt

Feb 20, 12

bookshelves: m-m, bars-bartenders-clubs, romance, tats-piercings-scars-yum, series
Read in February, 2012

I liked this book much better than the first book because it was definitely more in my comfort zone. While The Distance Between Us was definitely sexy and titillating, the tension in the relationships had me on edge the entire book. This book however had a greatly different approach and feel to it. This was definitely more of a romance.

We met Kieran Frost in the first book as the roommate of Rhett and Ethan, two ex-partners who were only together to put equity in their house before they could sell it. Having a roommate would accelerate the build-up of equity, but the addition of the gorgeous Kieran to the household ramped up libidos everywhere.

Now that Ethan and Rhett are back together, they still invite their friend back for the occasional play date, but when Kieran is introduced to Alex, all bets are off. Alex comes from a town where homosexuality can get you a beat down, so after moving to a more tolerant city, he is finally able to come out...but he doesn't really know how. Alex is new to the gay scene and is also a virgin.

I liked this book better than the first book because it was a relationship between two people and there was definitely a lot more relationship-building than pure lust-driven sex. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just sometimes it gets to be a bit much. I liked this book and I thought it was a good follow-up to the first book. I did enjoy seeing Ethan and Rhett again but I appreciated that there weren't a million sex scenes and some of the scenes were off-page.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Closer You Get (Distance Between Us, #2).