Dee Renee Chesnut's Reviews > The Official Unofficial Guide to Using Legacy Family Tree

The Official Unofficial Guide to Using Legacy Family Tree by Geoffrey D. Rasmussen

Dec 14, 11

bookshelves: 2011, genealogy-history
Recommended for: users of Legacy FamilyTree software
Read from November 30 to December 14, 2011

I bought this .pdf ebook which can be read on my laptop computer, and I don't recommend trying to move this ebook to your Nook for it seemed to mess up my Nook for PC when I tried to move and open it there. Reading it on your computer is a better idea. Read it in a split screen with Legacy FamilyTree software open on the other screen and follow step-by-step instructions to use the software in new-to-me ways. I rate this book 5 stars for I will continue to refer to this book.

This book is a compilation of Geoff Rasmussen's columns on his Legacy blog and from Legacy's newsletter. He discusses the features of the genealogy software and he offers work-around solutions to the questions of the "If it can do that, can it also do this?" variety. I read many of these columns before, so why did I need to spend money on a compilation? For the simple reason that it is indexed and has bookmarks so that I can easily find the information when my research and skill level is ready to use it.
A small problem with this book is not all of the URL links mentioned are still available. It would have been nice if he could have included comments from the readers of his columns. I continue to learn from the suggestions made by other readers.

I recommend this book to users of Legacy FamilyTree software. It can be purchased through their online store.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Official Unofficial Guide to Using Legacy Family Tree.

11/30/2011
12/03/2011
18.0% "I try to work with each suggestion to have an understanding of it. Today's suggestion is to automatically geo-code master locations with Bing maps."
show 12 hidden updates…