Alice's Reviews > Dark World: Into the Shadows with the Lead Investigator of The Ghost Adventures Crew

Dark World by Zak Bagans

Nov 29, 11

bookshelves: nonfiction, supernatural
Read from October 25 to November 29, 2011

I hate to say "I'm really surprised that this book is readable and good" because that seems mean, but I'm actually really surprised that this book is readable and good. And that's only because Zak seems so goofy and lovably dorky on "Ghost Adventures". I assumed that the book would be a bit goofy, a little dorky, and kind of silly. If anything, it's really a bit dry and technical. I wanted more biography of Zak's life, but there's not much of that here. He tells a little bit more about some of the investigations of the GAC - if you're a fan of the show you're already familiar with much of what Zak writes about Waverly Hills, Washoe Club and Bobby Mackey's. In the last section of the book, Zak provides a very dry overview of the technical aspects and future of paranormal investigation. Not the most hair-raising stuff, but well-written and probably useful for people who are actually interested in going into the field. I was hoping for more behind-the-scenes stories about Zak, Nick and Aaron. But this book is rather impersonal in a way. More like a textbook than anything. So if you want goofy Zak Bagans that we see on "Ghost Adventures" telling amusing anecdotes about his life, this might not be the book for you. If you want a well-researched and thoughtful guide to paranormal investigation, this book is great.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark World.