Cary's Reviews > Prayer, the Great Adventure

Apr 25, 2015

liked it
bookshelves: owned
Read from April 21 to 25, 2015

I bought this sometime in October 2011. During that time, I was just starting my journey as a Christian, and since I have always believed in the power of prayer, I bought this book to help me cultivate and improve my prayer life. I don't know why it took me so long before I decided to finish this book but I believe that I've read this book just right in time.

Like what I've said earlier, I've always known that God answers prayer and prayer changes things but admittedly, wrestling in prayer and spending more time in it is still one of the hardest things for me. Yes, I do read my Bible everyday and I do keep a spiritual journal, like what the author has mentioned in this book, but prevailing and persevering in prayer is really a chore for me. Praise God that this book has somehow encouraged me to pray more.

If there's something new that I've learned from this book, it's the importance of praying according to the pattern that Jesus has taught us in the Bible. I also learned the importance of looking back and reviewing my journal to see the wonderful works that the Lord has done through answering my prayer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prayer, the Great Adventure.

04/21/2015 marked as: currently-reading