Jennifer's Reviews > The Wind Through the Keyhole

Apr 29, 12

bookshelves: fiction
Recommended for: Kevin
Read on April 29, 2012

Adding this with some trepidation and suspicion, as the last two books in this series were so bad. This appears to be a prequel and could be better. But if Stephen King appears as a character in it, all bets are off.

Updating this on 4/29/12: I read this today. So much better than the last two Dark Tower books. This one takes place in the middle of things, between books 4 and 5. It is a novella within a story within yet another story. It was a fine quick read, and nice to spend another spell with Roland and his ka-tet.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wind Through the Keyhole.

04/29/2012

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Don (new) - rated it 5 stars

Don S. So surprised to read that you hated the last two books and it was in part because King appears as a character. That appearance was one of the high points for me. Dark Tower is far and away my favorite series of books.

Wendy Wow, I thought the last two books of DT were fookin' awesome...and this one does not hold a candle to either of them.

Nate I totally get this review. There was too much magnificent foreshadowing of events in the first 4 books that never materialize in the last 2.

message 4: by Laini (new)

Laini Glad to hear this one was better than the last 2 in the series as I agree with you and was very disappointed with them after such a build up. I may actually have a go at this one after all, thanks!

artofstu I didn't like the ending of The Dark Tower (book 6), but I liked the book overall. And I liked book 5 as well. I thought the author inserting himself into the story was a creative idea. The series overall is amazing.

message 6: by Ris (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ris I didn't like Stephen King appearing as a character either. The last book is Dark Tower marmite, I love it, I hate it.