Brenda's Reviews > Stone Cold

Stone Cold by David Baldacci

Jul 03, 12

bookshelves: own-read
Read from June 28 to 30, 2012

I didn’t realize this was the third in the Camel Club series…I wish I’d read the first two before this one, but I’ve reserved them at my library now!

Oliver Stone works in a cemetery, keeping the dead neat and tidy, and very much enjoys his work. His young friend, Annabelle Conroy needs his (and the Camel Club’s) help, as she conned a Casino owner, Jerry Bagger, out of $40 million and now he’s after her! He doesn’t like being made a laughing stock, especially by a female.

Oliver runs the Camel Club, and has a few secrets of his own. The members of his club, Reuben, Milton and Caleb, have all got special skills, but will they be enough to get the better of Bagger and his thugs?

Harry Finn is a happily married man, with three beautiful kids and his wonderful wife, Mandy. But he has a secret life, one he keeps separate from his family life, and it’s connected to his mother, Lesya, who has been in hiding for a long time.

As the characters are set on a collision course where their pasts will catch up with them all, and as bodies as well as government institutions begin to fall, the horrors are gripping. The tension, and pace of this story is explosive, the results thrilling. Who will survive….

I really enjoyed my first David Baldacci novel, and will definitely read more of his work. Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stone Cold.

06/30/2012 page 337
84.0% "Really enjoying this!"