Barbara's Reviews > Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson

Apr 25, 12

Read from October 24, 2011 to April 25, 2012

I downloaded the e-book on my iPad (quite fitting) Sun. night and stayed up until the very wee hours reading (on a work night, no less). Isaacson's writing style is very engaging and, at least so far, he seems to be embarking on a no holds barred, honest portrayal of this very admired, feared, respected, despised, controversial titan of industry.
As a college senior in '85, watching the iconic "1984" commercial, reading all about SJ & Woz and how they wanted to "change the world", I made it my mission to work at this amazing company. Apple hired me right after graduation and I spent the next 5+ years working with some of the most creative, bright, talented people ever. I was able to attend a few of SJ's employee meetings & product intros before he was unceremoniously "ousted" in that summer of '85, and It was amazing the power he had when he spoke in front of an audience. He's still the best, most evangelical, amazing speaker/presenter/showman I've ever seen. A master, bar none!
Can't wait to finish the book and learn more about what drove this amazing man to do all that he did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steve Jobs.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 2: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Voigt Hey!:) I have a question!:) How do u download ebooks? Mood=CONFUSED!:) -Emily❤

Himanshu Did you have a chance to witness the aspects of his personality which are portrayed in the book ?