J.E. Remy's Reviews > Doctor Who: Prisoner of the Daleks

Doctor Who by Trevor Baxendale

Oct 26, 11

bookshelves: 10th-doctor, daleks, doctor-who
Read from October 24 to 26, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Doctor Who.

10/24/2011
13.0% "Interesting thus far. A post-Time War Doctor, in a pre-Time War story. He's dealing with Daleks during the Human Dalek Wars. A time period in DW history I'm very familiar with, and really enjoy, but never thought I'd see this Doctor in."
10/24/2011
29.0% "The 10th Doctor isn't in his element here. It's actually kind of interesting. This story is one made for the 8th or 9th Doctors (literally, he had to jump a time track to get here), so 10 seems unable to resolve what is coming at him. I'm not sure how this will go."
10/25/2011
42.0% "Definitely not a 10th Doctor story, but that's what's making it interesting. Quite violent, something that is often missing in the newer DW books--really, adult themes of any kind are often missing. So, it's refreshing, if a bit grotesque."
10/25/2011
63.0% "Now I'm having flashbacks to the Dalek Empire series--specifically with the planets where the Daleks had slaves mining for them. Much cooler planet for it."
10/25/2011
71.0% "More death than I've ever seen in a New Who novel. The author is taking Daleks seriously, and really presenting them honestly for the Dalek Empire's war with Earth."