06mattb's Reviews > Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game

Moneyball by Michael Lewis

M_50x66
Oct 24, 11

Read in October, 2011

Billy Beane has just become the general manager of a struggling professional baseball named the Oakland A's. This book takes place in the early 2000. It talks through every thing about Billy Beane his life and being a general manager. As soon as he gets the job the book begins from there on it talks about them drafting people, him trying to trade and get players and them trying to make a come back and get to the playoffs.
Billy Beane did some amazing things for the Oakland A's. He helped a franchise that had fallen back on its feet. The season didn't start so great for the A's when the had a losing record within about 40 games of the season. But the Billy Beane worked his magic he made a couple of trades got the A's a great new pitcher and then in a blink of an eye the A's made a huge come back an finished the season with a little bit over 100 wins.
I would recommend the book to anyone who loves baseball or just plan sports. I really really liked the story and plot I only gave it three stars because there was a lot of bad language. But other than that it was a great book and it completely changed the way I look at sports.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moneyball.