Kris Neri's Reviews > Mindfulness: An Eight-Week Plan for Finding Peace in a Frantic World

Mindfulness by Mark         Williams

Nov 10, 2011

Read from October 25 to November 10, 2011

An exceptional book with easy to do meditations. I wasn't sure it needed to be an 8 week program -- I ended up doing in fewer weeks. But I was struck by how much I learned, how much resonated with me in every chapter. Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mindfulness.

message 1: by Sandie (new) - added it

Sandie I would be very curious what you think when you finish this book. peace in today's frantic world - what a dream!

Kris Neri I'll upload a short review when I do, but the book is really an 8-week exercise, so it won't be immediately. I'm not simply reading it, I'm doing the exercises week by week. So far, it's pretty great. It's made my intermittent meditating much more consistent.

Thanks for accepting my GR friendship, Sandie!

message 3: by Sandie (new) - added it

Sandie Don't rush on my account! It'll be a better experience, I'm sure, if they intended you to take 8 weeks to cover everything. My sleep doctor has a book called THE POWER OF REST which covers 30 days, but just a few minutes each day. I guess they really want you to absorb what you're doing.

While I've been on GR for a while, I've been trying to use the mobile app to scan my books with bar codes to get them on my shelves here. It's helping. Glad to be your GR friend!

Kait Carson That just went to my Kindle. Sounds like exactly the right book at the right time!

Kris Neri You won't be sorry. I actually think I'll probably read it again in the future because I don't think I absorbed it all this first time through.

message 6: by Sandie (new) - added it

Sandie Good. Then I'll add it to my towering TBR, too. Thanks for letting me know you liked it so much.

Kris Neri You won't be sorry, Sandie.