Giselle at BO-OK NERD Canada's Reviews > Legend

Legend by Marie Lu

Nov 02, 14

bookshelves: bought-in-store, favorites, own, 2011
Read from December 26 to 27, 2011 — I own a copy

Day and June, two teenagers on the completely different sides of the government. One, a rebel living in the slums, creating chaos for the government. The other, a rich and privileged teenager with the makings of being an agent.

The book is unique just because when you are reading Day’s point of view, the typeface and color is set differently than June’s chapters. I thought that was quite unique and beautiful for a book.

Another Dystopian tale, yes I love this genre. Why? Because there’s always a common enemy, and there’s action and loss thrown in with romance. Ahh the romance. What could possibly be going through these character’s heads when their life is on the line? When there’s no hope? Yet they fall in love in the most unlikely of environments and I love it.

The pacing is on point with just enough cliffhangers to keep you from turning the page. The mystery involving the Republic is what kept me from putting the book down. I needed to know what happened next and I couldn’t stop reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legend.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Stephanie I'm glad you liked it. I read it recently and didn't like it. The book wasn't bad, I just couldn't get into it and I hate dystopians now because whenever I read one, I end up not liking it, but I loved The Hunger Games. I think I don't like the world building, I like when books are more focused on the main characters :)