Cait's Reviews > Days of Blood & Starlight

Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor

A-a whole year until the next book comes out?!

I can't.....I can't........ *snaps*

OHMIGOD I CANT W8 I CANT I REALLY CANT AHHHHH OMGOMGOMG THIS IS GOING 2 TAKE 4EVER ND I WANT IT NOW! I NEED MORE AKIVA AND KAROU! Y DOES THIS HV 2 TAKE SOOOOOOOOOOOO LIKE LONNNGGG!

Woahhhhhhh. Did I just have a total trolly fan-girl rant... over a book? Taylor...

I think....I think I just need to go sit down. I feel so woozy. This series just does such weird things to me *looks at the release date again*

OoooooOoooOooohhhhhhh.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Days of Blood & Starlight.

11/28/2012 page 1
0.0% "Alright, Days of Blood and Starlight, I bought you, and now..

"
11/28/2012 page 1
0.0% "Alright, Days of Blood and Starlight, I bought you, and now..

"
12/03/2012 page 40
7.0% "If he was vague, Liraz was blunt. “Where’s the girl?” she asked. Akiva hadn’t said it out loud yet. Telling them would make it real, and the word caught in his throat, but he forced it out. “Dead,” he said. “She’s dead.”

WHHHHAAAAAAATT?! "
12/03/2012 page 40
7.0% "Her soul remained, but because of Akiva, the resurrectionist was dead.../

Someone started killing angels. And whoever it was, they were very, very good at it.../

“Karou used to collect teeth, right?”... Mik said, “You need to see this.”

JUST TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED TO KAROU! CLIFFHANGERS AT THE END OF EVERY CHAPTER ISN'T FAIR, LAINI"
12/03/2012 page 50
9.0% "I need want more information on Karou so you introduce a whole new character?!?!! And add even more mystery to this caped crusader person?!?!?!

....... You are a very evil author, Laini. "
12/03/2012 page 55
10.0% "To what possible end? From Chicago to New York, London to Beijing, from the museums’ wildlife dioramas, from the frozen, snarling mouths of lions and wild dogs, the jaws of Komodo dragon specimens and ball pythons and stuffed Arctic wolves, the girl, the phantom… she was stealing teeth.

What are you doing, Karou?"
12/03/2012 page 60
11.0% "“Brimstone would never make such a ridiculous mistake,” he’d seethed. Well, Karou had wanted to retort, with all the gravity and maturity she could muster. Duh.

I did not realize how much I missed Karou's sassiness."
12/03/2012 page 100
18.0% "Ugh this book is just slamming me with feelings, from her beautiful writing to just, well, everything.

I am so glad I read this book after the shit-fest of Heaven."
12/04/2012 page 270
51.0% "her own kind, because whatever else was uncertain in these terrible days, one thing was sure: There was no hope that she could still love him. Karou reached for the Kirin’s hand and it was more than Akiva could bear. He hurled himself out the window and was gone.

Akiva, baby, nooooooooooooo"
12/05/2012 page 320
60.0% " As long as Joram remained in power, their world would know war and nothing but war. Hazael and Liraz were furrow-browed, waiting. Akiva said, “I’m going to kill our father.”

Holy shit you go, Akiva!"
12/05/2012 page 340
64.0% "You had the capacity not to hate. The audacity to love. Do you know what a gift that is?” “A gift? A gift like a knife in the back!” On the bed, Zuzana stirred, and Karou lowered her voice. “It was false. It was crazy. It wasn’t love.” “It was brave,” countered Issa. “It was rare. It was love, and it was beautiful.”

You tell her, Issa!"
12/07/2012 page 400
75.0% " “Brimstone once told me that to stay true in the face of evil is a feat of strength. If we let them turn us into monsters…” She had done this, the literal work of turning these chimaera into the monsters the angels believed them to be. “Someone has to stop killing. Someone has to stop first.”
Ugh. And this is why Karou is different form so many other female MCs. Character. development. "
01/06/2013 page 517
100.0% "Finished this book over break and now I'm off to review it, but this is how I always feel whenever I finish amazing books:

Because it really never does. I always just feel ripped up and not know what I'm going to do with my life for hours. "

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Steph Sinclair Hahahaha! I know!!!! I need this book, like, yesterday. Lol.

message 2: by Cait (new) - added it

Cait I needed this book like a whole year ago right about now. Why does this series have to be so damn good?

Danielle Well if it takes so long, you know it's gonna be good because the thought process that went into it

Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews) I feel your pain. I just finished the first one and am in serious mental pain from that ending! NEXT. BOOK. NOW. PRETTY PLEASE!!!

Gabry THE COVER!

Jennifer Lesh Cait, your super-enthusiastic reviews crack me up :)

Maggie I dont think I can wait for November 6th. Well, 38 days and counting.....

Mila I love your imaginative review!

message 9: by Jisha (new) - added it

Jisha Mishra Okay I'll give in and ask - how do you do the .gif thing? Where do you find them? Or do you make them of your own?? Loved your rant! :D

message 10: by Cait (new) - added it

Cait You do the ) ( remove the parenthesis) and you just look up a gif, left click, and hit save image address and put the address where the blank is!

message 11: by Jisha (new) - added it

Jisha Mishra okay I get the search-for-gif-and-copy-paste-the-image-address part, but not the "do the )" part... do we use goodreads/html code?? like the a href tag for links etc... Having a Slow Day it seems!

Katie The last three words were torture ugh!

Celia I am in total agreement with the review. My body hurts, withdrawal symptoms ... why did it end?!

message 14: by Alex (new) - added it

Alex I like the way you think.

Priscilla Only 18 days now!!! Yay!

Joegirl2008 This happens to me way too often!!! For example: THE LUNAR CHRONICLES
*sigh* I hate when this happens