Joey Butcher's Reviews > Craved

Craved by Stephanie   Nelson

U 50x66
Oct 24, 11

Stephanie Nelson develops some fantastic characters in Craved, and she is certainly not afraid of bringing them to hell in back for the sake of a fantastic tale. I loved her idea of witches blood and how it had the ability of getting vampires high. The idea that this topic could bring war between the two species just leaves even more for future books. And Gwen is so relatable as you get to watch her develop these abilities that she not only has no idea she's capable of, but doesn't necessarily even want.

There were a couple of things that hit me awkwardly. You find out up front (don't worry, no spoiler!) that Gwen and Micah are exes. And the book does a fantastic job of shaping and forming why as Gwen struggles to move on and fall in love again. But I felt like we were constantly reminded throughout the first half of the book of how much Micah hurt Gwen when he left her suddenly. I personally felt like, "Okay... yeah, I got it. Breakups really suck." And then there are the sex scenes. Trust me, I can enjoy a good one just the the rest of you, and Stephanie has a few that will having you wishing you were busy making love to the characters in the book instead of reading about them doing it, but there are some times when she has comments that seem untimely. In time of danger isn't necessarily the time to notice the smooth, rock hard abs of your man..

Oh but what an ending! Craved provides the ultimate cliffhanger that will have you itching for her next release. Stephanie also manages to wrap up every loose end you could find within story though. So if you're looking for suspense, action, love and just enough sex, this is the book for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Craved.