Mickey (I'm A Book Shark) 's Reviews > Unrevealed: Four Jane Perry Stories

Unrevealed by Laurel Dewey

Oct 24, 11

bookshelves: 2011, blog-tour, author-review, ereader
Read from October 23 to 24, 2011

This is a short story collection of Jane Perry stories. If you haven't checked out Jane Perry, go ahead and pick up one of the novels about her. She's smart, witty, funny, tough, dry, and foul-mouthed.. all the things I like in a female MC. She's also a cop, so she sees a lot of bad things. These are some of her stories.

#1 - ANONYMOUS
Written in Jane's perspective, this short story goes over part of Jane's AA meetings and woman she meets there. It held my attention and had a twist at the end. Jane's so smart! I had my theories and I was kind of right, but not all the way. It was definitely a smart story though.

#2 - YOU CAN'T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER
Jane also tells this story herself. She goes to a local school to speak about being a cop. She comes across a special boy and uncovers a gruesome secret. This story was a little out there for me, and I didn't feel like it belonged in Jane's world. Not a bad story though.

#3 - YOU'RE ONLY AS SICK AS YOUR SECRETS
This story, also told by Jane, REALLY interested me. Winston's wife is found dead in their house, and there are so many secrets revealed to find out the truth around her death. There were so many twists and turns, and Jane kept certain details to herself for a while. That makes first person so interesting sometimes. But this story turned out to be my favorite.

#4 - THINGS AREN'T ALWAYS WHAT THEY SEEM
No, things aren't always what they seem, are they? I didn't pick up on what was going on for a while there. Told in third person, this story finds Jane showing up to a bar (a big no-no for a recovering alcoholic) and running in to a friend. But something is NOT right, and Jane knows all about it. This one also had me on pins and needles, but it just wasn't as good as the previous one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unrevealed.