Ginna's Reviews > The Necromancer

The Necromancer by Michael Scott

F_50x66
Oct 24, 11

A book that I have read was "The Necromancer" by Michael Scott. This is book number four in his series called "The Alchemyst." I enjoyed this book a lot along with previous books. There was nothing important that was left out; and the books seem to flow together. That meant that this book was well organized and it doesn't leave you confused.

Along with the well organization of this book, "The Necromancer" was astonishing with the detail. Every aspect in this book was so well written that I could imagine a movie of it being recreated in my mind. Every detail given in this book gave me vivid imaginations of what it would look like in real life. The way that fire lord, Prometheus described how fire is acclaimed to be the best element of all, convinced me to believe that it really was.

Despite this book being well written and descriptive, this book also had some amount of cons to it. I never really liked that was that Michael Scott kept on switching the character's side of the story on short terms. A little amount of pages you start to read and comprehend it; but after all of that the book changed the settings, also situations of different characters. It gets really confusing with the nonstop switching; in the end you just slowly get used to it.

Another con is that this book was a slow read to me at first. In the beginning, it was just long talk, and even more talking. That was very boring and not a very interesting read for me. But then again, this book started to pick up a bit and went back into the adventure mode that it was supposed to be originally set in. All of the fighting and kills against good and evil, friend versus for, was starting to catch my attention. I am glad it did that; or else I would not have read this book in the first place.

So just to conclude this all, the book that I've read, "The Necromancer," was a good read. I would not say it was good 100 percent, but close enough. I will continue to read this series until I finish it completely because it is that interesting to me. I just get pulled into the action and fighting in this book. I recommend this book to people that enjoyed actions and adventure. Also of course, the people that read this previous books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Necromancer.