Gina - 's Reviews > Fractured Light

Nov 06, 11

bookshelves: read-arcs, 4-star
Read from October 27 to 31, 2011

*ARC from NetGalley*

Ultimately I loved this novel and wanting more of the story, the beautiful graphic cover is just a bonus. With wanting a sequel the ending left room for one without it being a cliffhanger but did leave you wanting more. It also left room for the novel to be stand alone as well without being a dissapointment. In general there are a few small spelling mistakes and very minor gramatic errors within sentences but it is not very noticable.

The story moves quickly, and you don't realise how quickly the story goes through the pages. Like any good book we get caught up in her world and her life that this feverish lifestyle is also taken place as you read. There is always something going on and even thouhg it may seem like so much is happening in such a short amount of time in the book. But this doesn't overwhelm us, and McClellan has done a beautiful job at keeping the reader focused on the events at hand as well as adapting to the faced-paced plot line throughout the novel.

When we first get introduced to the characters we first think of Christian. Who is he really? (view spoiler)

Constantly throughout the novel we see Llona's struggles to stay safe, as well as try to be happy in her life by not communicating with her peers. Also her struggle as an Aura to control herself as well as her power (view spoiler)

Questions and feverishly running through our thoughts as would be in Llona's. We get a greater connection to her as we are as confused as she is about everything going on around her and as to what no one is willing to tell her. We are constantly drawn in Llona's thoughts and feelings that we start to become like Llona whilst reading the novel. We react as she would react and start to control and understand just as she does as well.

(view spoiler)

Emotional moments that made me want to, and nearly cry. However, these were cut short and we were thrust back into the action and reality of the present day, allowing us to overcome our emotions to cry. Like Llona as she has control over her emotions, we are going through the same feeling to hide and understand without too much feeling involved that we don't end up crying through the emotional flashbacks that we are taken through.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fractured Light.

Quotes Gina - Liked

Rachel McClellan
“When it comes to matters of the heart, rules don't matter.”
Rachel McClellan, Fractured Light