Maya Volpacchio's Reviews > Forest of Secrets

Forest of Secrets by Erin Hunter

Oct 25, 2011

bookshelves: favorites
Read on October 24, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Ok, so I have already read all the Warriors books up to date. I'm waiting for the next in the Omen of the Stars series to come out. However, in such a long series, I easily forget what happened at the beginning. That is why I'm reading reading the series again.

Young Fireheart continues to have his suspicions about Tigerclaw, the Thunderclan deputy. His friend Ravenpaw, who now lives with the loner Barely, told Fireheart and Graystripe that Tigerclaw killed Redtail, the previous Thunderclan deputy, in hopes of becoming the new deputy. Unfortunately for Tigerclaw, Bluestar picks Lionheart, who then later dies in battle. Then Tigerclaw finally achieves him ambition. When Fireheart tries to tell Bluestar of his suspicions, she doesn't want to believe it. Everyone in the clan trusts Tigerclaw, the brave warrior. If Tigerclaw wasn't so ambitious, he probably would be a great warrior. Meanwhile, Graystripe meets a riverclan cat, Silverstream. They fall in love even though it is against the warrior code to see someone outside of your clan. Towards the end of the book, Tigerclaw leads a band of rouges to attack the Thunderclan camp. He tries to kill Bluestar, but luckily Fireheart saves her just in time. Tigerclaw is banished from the clan, but Fireheart knows he will be back. Bluestar then chooses Fireheart to be the new deputy of Thunderclan, which totally catches him by surprise. Lastly, when Silverstream is having her kits she dies. The kits survive, but Riverclan wants them. In the end, Graystripe is torn between two clans. Everyone in Thunderclan thinks he is a traitor, except for his best friend Fireheart. But, he can't leave his kits, so shockingly, he chooses to leave thunderclan and join Riverclan. Fireheart is now utterly alone. He feels so lost now that Graystripe is gone, but he has to carry on with his new duties as Thunderclan deputy.

This is a GREAT book! I love this series:)

2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forest of Secrets.