Saniya(Will Herondale is mine)'s Reviews > Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling

Nov 04, 11

bookshelves: saniya-malfoy, favorites
Read from October 30 to November 04, 2011

** spoiler alert ** God, I loved this book. But there were some cons which couldn't be ignored.

First of all, the movie sucked badly. No wonder I never understood the movie even though I watched it many times.
As I tried to watch the movie while reading this book, my face expressions were seriously like, "What the eff?"
The movie didn't show The Quidditch world cup for instance! It was like, one of the most awaited and amazing part of the book. And so many things were really confusing and could be only understood by reading the book.

The things I didn't about this book:

1) J.K Rowing, full respect and admiration from me to you, you are an awesome writer, but I just felt weird throughout the whole book. I really, really wanted this book to have other people's point of view, not that I don't like Harry, but I really wanted to know what was happening with Hermione, especially with Krum, since I am girl with great expectation from Hermione when Yule Ball happened. And I was so disappointed and annoyed because I really wanted to know what Krum said to Hermoine in the end of the book.

2) A great point made by a reviewer. (Christopher Ferry)

Why did fake-Moody/Crouch Jr. set up this immensely complicated and low probability plan to get Harry to win the Triwizard Cup and be teleported to Voldemort when he was his trusted teacher the whole school year. He could have just made a pen be a portkey and then dropped it and said "Harry, could you pick that up for me?" Much easier than dealing with dragons, suborning house-elves, and casting outlawed curses.

3) The book was unnecessarily long. Seriously, I can just cut 100-150 pages from this book by removing all the scenes of Rita Skeeter's shit and house-elf's crying and Hermione's debating. J.K Rowling should have just focused on The Triwizard Tournament (which was by the way, awesome!) and on the last chapters. And Cedric's death, GOD! Either I am an obsessed fan of Cedric and was expecting more or that J.K Rowling is not that good in writing someone's death. I was even surprised at Crouch's death.

"I killed my father and then buried him" said Crouch's son."

... o.o ... o.O ... -_-

I mean come-on! He was in this book for a pretty long time and just telling this and then going on to the next chapter was just weird.

Besides all the things I mentioned above, I found this book really good, exciting and now I want to find out what happens in the end even more eagerly! The last 100 pages were indeed awesome and I will rate this book 3.5/5 stars.

And yeah, how can I ever forget. :) *evil grin*

THE HOTTIES!
KRUM! CEDRIC! I love you both.
Krum, you better be in the next book.
And Cedric, why did you die?! =( I really loved you.

RIP CEDRIC DIGGORY.

[image error]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Quotes Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Liked

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how
“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

J.K. Rowling
“Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory.”

J.K. Rowling
“It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.”

J.K. Rowling
“Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.”

J.K. Rowling
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”

J.K. Rowling
“Percy wouldn't notice a joke if it danced naked in front of him wearing one of Dobby's hats.”

“Don't talk to me."
"Why not?"
"Because I want to fix that in my memory for ever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret...”

J.K. Rowling
“It is my belief... that the truth is generally preferable to lies.”

J.K. Rowling
“Well, I certainly don't," said Percy sanctimoniously. "I shudder to think what the state of my in-tray would be if I was away from work for five days."
"Yeah, someone might slip dragon dung in it again, eh, Perce?" said Fred.
"That was a sample of fertilizer from Norway!" said Percy, going very red in the face. "It was nothing personal!"
"It was," Fred whispered to Harry as they got up from the table. "We sent it.”

J.K. Rowling
“Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.”

J.K. Rowling
“Just then Neville caused a slight diversion by turning into a large canary.”

J.K. Rowling
“Time will not slow down when something unpleasant lies ahead.”

J.K. Rowling
“What would come, would come...and you would have to meet it, when it did.”

“[about his dress robes...]
I’m never wearing them," Ron was saying stubbornly. "Never."
"Fine," snapped Mrs. Weasley. "Go naked. And, Harry, make sure you get a picture of him. Goodness knows I could do with a laugh.”

J.K. Rowling
“It is a strange thing, but when you are dreading something, and would give anything to slow down time, it has a disobliging habit of speeding up.”

J.K. Rowling
“Anyone can speak Troll. All you have to do is point and grunt.”

J.K. Rowling
“I took a wrong turn on the way to the bathroom and found myself in a beautifully proportioned room I had never seen before, containing a really rather magnificent collection of chamberpots. When I went back to investigate more closely, I discovered that the room had vanished. But I must keep an eye out for it. Possibly it is only accessible at five thirty in the morning. Or it may only appear at the quarter moon - or when the seeker has an exceptionally full bladder.”

J.K. Rowling
“Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.”

J.K. Rowling
“Who're you going with, then?" said Ron.
"Angelina," said Fred promptly, without a trace of embarrassment.
"What?" said Ron, taken aback. "You've already asked her?"
"Good point," said Fred. He turned his head and called across the common room, "Oi! Angelina!"
Angelina, who had been chatting with Alicia Spinnet near the fire, looked over at him.
"What?" She called back.
"Want to come to the ball with me?"
Angelina gave Fred a sort of appraising look.
"All right, then," she said, and she turned back to Alicia and carried on chatting with a bit of a grin on her face.
"There you go," said Fred to Harry and Ron, "piece of cake.”

J.K. Rowling
“Twitchy little ferret, aren't you, Malfoy?”

J.K. Rowling
“Well, I can certainly see why we're trying to keep them alive. Who wouldn't want pets that can burn, sting, and bite all at once?”

J.K. Rowling
“Can I have a look at Uranus too, Lavender?”

J.K. Rowling
“Just because it’s taken you three years to notice, Ron, doesn't mean no one else has spotted I'm a girl!”

J.K. Rowling
“Ron's indignation on his behalf was worth about a hundred points to him.”

J.K. Rowling
“I thought it sounded a bit like Percy singing... maybe you've got to attack him while he's in the shower, Harry.”

J.K. Rowling
“Curiosity is not a sin.... But we should exercise caution with our curiosity... yes, indeed.”

J.K. Rowling
“I have gone temporarily deaf and haven't any idea what you said, Harry.”

J.K. Rowling
“Aaah ... when two Neptunes appear in the sky it is a sure sign that a midget in glasses is being born, Harry...”

J.K. Rowling
“Wild!" Ron said, twiddling the replay knob on the side. "I can make that old bloke down there pick his nose again... and again... and again...”

J.K. Rowling
“I am what I am, an’ I’m not ashamed. 'Never be ashamed,’ my ol’ dad used ter say, ‘there’s some who’ll hold it against you, but they’re not worth botherin’ with.”

J.K. Rowling
“As Harry and Ron rounded the clump of trees behind which Harry had first heard the dragons roar, a witch leapt out from behind them.
It was Rita Skeeter. She was wearing acid-green robes today; the Quick-Quotes Quill in her hand blended perfectly against them.
"Congratulations, Harry!' she said beaming at him. "I wonder if you could give me a quick word? How you felt facing that dragon? How do you feel now about the fairness of the scoring?"
"Yeah, you can have a word," said Harry savagely. "Goodbye!”

J.K. Rowling
“Muggle women wear them, Archie, not the men, they wear these," said the Ministry wizard, and he brandished the pinstriped trousers. "I'm not putting them on," said old Archie in indignation. "I like a healthy breeze 'round my privates, thanks.”

J.K. Rowling
“Next time there’s a ball, ask me before someone else does, and not as a last resort!”

J.K. Rowling
“Mad Eye' Moody on the Avada Kedavra curse: "Not nice," he said calmly. "Not pleasant. And there's no counter curse. There's no blocking it. Only one known person has ever survived it, and he's sitting right in front of me.”

J.K. Rowling
“She can't keep writing about what a tragic little hero I am, it'll get boring.”

J.K. Rowling
“She should've interviewed Snape," said Harry grimly. "He'd give her the goods on me any day. "Potter has been crossing lines ever since he first arrived at this school...

J.K. Rowling
“He could tell at once that they carried different sorts of bubble bath mixed with the water though it wasn't bubble bath as Harry had ever experienced. One tap gushed pink and blue bubbles the size of footballs; another poured ice-white foam so thick that Harry thought it would have supported his weight if he'd cared to test it; a third sent heavily perfumed purple clouds hovering over the surface of the water. Harry amused himself for a while turning the taps on and off, particularly enjoying the effect of one whose jet bounced off the surface of the water in large arcs.”

J.K. Rowling
“Well, I’m sure you’ll find someone somewhere who’ll have you.”

J.K. Rowling
“What’s comin’ will come, an’ we’ll meet it when it does.”

J.K. Rowling
“Harry, Cedric, I suggest you both go up to bed," said Dumbledore, smiling at both of them. "I am sure Gryffindor and Hufflepuff are waiting to celebrate with you, and it would be a shame to deprive them of this excellent excuse to make a great deal of mess and noise.”

J.K. Rowling
“Really Hagrid, if you are holding out for universal popularity, I'm afraid you will be in this cabin for a very long time”

J.K. Rowling
“Nothing like a nighttime stroll to give you ideas.”

10/31/2011 page 189
30.0% "When is Cedric gonna come? ^.^ Anyway, gosh! This book is going amazing! Lovin it! <3"
11/01/2011 page 294
46.0% "This book is definitely going GREAT! The writing is absolutely brilliant! And the story! GOD! I can seriously feel what Harry is feeling. I LOVE J.K Rowling! ^.^"
11/02/2011 page 418
66.0% "Going AWESOME! =D <3"
11/03/2011 page 508
80.0% "GOD! I love this book! o.o Krum, Cedric! ^.^ <3"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lissa (new)

Lissa A few things happened. They layered the make-up on him (he's totally rosy-cheeked in HP). Also he lost weight. He was told to put on a six-pack but the budget was too low to afford him a personal trainer so he just started working out without eating correctly and lost weight rather than gained muscle. You can see his skinniness in the second film when he's shirtless.

Eh... I read things.

Oceana Fern What happened?

He wasn't Edward.

xD.

message 3: by Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) (last edited Oct 31, 2011 04:34AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Lissa wrote: "A few things happened..."

Ouch! o.o
He really looked nice before! :\ Should have left twilight! -.-

Sabrina- LOL!
He was Cedric! ^.^ Whenever I read his scenes in the book, I get weirdly excited. xD

Oceana Fern He's actually pretty hot when he's not a creepy white vampire. XD.

Hira Bella happened.

Oceana Fern Hira wrote: "Bella happened."

Definitely.

Aleeeeeza YES, exactly. man, he was so amazing as cedric diggory. like, i-wanted-to-marry-him amazing. AND THEN TWILIGHT HAPPENED! :(

btw, love the new profile pic!

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Seriously! Whenever I am reading a scene in which Cedric is there, I am getting weirdly excited or awkwardly smiling. x)
Why did he join twilight, WHY?! :(

Awh, thankyou =)

Scarlet Sabrina wrote: "He's actually pretty hot when he's not a creepy white vampire. XD."

Right? He looked good in HP 4 D:

Oceana Fern Scarlet wrote: "Sabrina wrote: "He's actually pretty hot when he's not a creepy white vampire. XD."

Right? He looked good in HP 4 D:"

Daniel's incredibly good looks transferred to Robert. xD.

Oceana Fern I DON'T CARE HOW SHORT DANIEL I LOVE HIM. <3

Rida (Raindrop Reflections) Me too, Sabrina. I think that makes me weird.

And Saniya, I totally agree. I mean, okay, Cedric-in-HP had black hair, but I liked Rob Pattison in the movie... until Twilight.

message 14: by Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) (last edited Nov 04, 2011 04:08PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Why did he had to die?!! >.<
If there were more of Cedric's role in HP, then he might have not joined Twilight :(

Rida (Raindrop Reflections) LOL, that's TRUE.

Okay, now I'm trying to imagine the series WITH Diggory in it. Hmm.

message 16: by Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) (last edited Nov 04, 2011 04:14PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) WOW! *_*
It would have been amazing o.o

Oceana Fern IT WOULD HAVE.

He could make out with Cho instead of Bella. -_-

Rida (Raindrop Reflections) Sabrina wrote: "IT WOULD HAVE.

He could make out with Cho instead of Bella. -_-"

LOL that.

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) LMAO! Seriously! xD

Oceana Fern It's better then I-never-smile-Bella. Cho is cool. Bella is not. :D A Cho/Cedric make-out scene is a BILLION times better then a Edward/Bella scene. :P

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) True that! :D

Oceana Fern Saniya wrote: "True that! :D
I wish I can go to any MTV awards and when Edward wins anything, I scream CEDRIC DIGGORY! xD"

THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!!!!

Kasey Well, I agree this was not the best movie. However, you are here to review the book not the movie.

message 24: by Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) (last edited Feb 25, 2013 12:23PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) What in the world? Can't you see I wrote like, the whole review about the book after that para about the movie? And please, I can write anything which is related to this book.

Emily well, this entire series is from harry's point of view, so it would be strange if hermione got her own 2 chapters, or something, and then it went back to harry, for the remaining of the series.
also, moody/jr. took so long with teleporting harry to voldemort because he wasn't supposed to get caught. had he dropped a pen and harry had teleported when he picked it up, it would be much easier to blame moody/jr. than if he made the cup into a port key (:

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Meh, I know. :( I really wanted a novella atleast in Hermione's POV! :D
But he was a trusted teacher right? He could have teleported Harry by making him come in a secret room or something. And then act like nothing happened?

message 27: by Somerandom (new)

Somerandom Maybe Voldy wanted Harry to go through the Tri Wizard cup because the tests are almost cruel (according to Hermione.) Voldy likes to fuck with peoples minds and maybe he figured The Cup would fuck with Harry's mind and debilitate him.

Saniya(Will Herondale is mine) Don't we all just love Voldemort? xD

Laura Clode I have to disagree with u strongly about the whole complexity of moody/crouch jr. That was kind of the whole point of it, he was supposed to b dead so it was a genius way of surprising people... Which it did. If the movie showed everything from this book it would fifteen hours long, yes I was disappointed the quidditch World Cup wasn't in it, but having the triwizard tournament was entertaining enough.
I love how u adopted the films actors as the characters in the book, when I see cedric I don't see James Patterson I see the figure using my imagination as j k Rowling intended. However much I really hated it, they needed to kill a well liked (but not so essential) character to show the reader how heartless voldemorts followers are, if they r that evil it allows the mind of the reader to imagine what voldemorts himself is capable of. We hear about the torture and murder but only when it's associated with someone we identify with does it truly have any effect on our hearts.