Wesley's Reviews > Die Trying

Die Trying by Lee Child

Oct 27, 11

Read from October 24 to 26, 2011

This was a fantastic book but I must be honest to a certain extent. I'll do my best to describe this without spoiling it. So at the halfway point if not a little be passed it I would have bet a million that it would end up a Waco/standoff/cult like 2nd half. 1. I was wrong. 2. I thought it might have been jazzed up by having you know who go Rambo, not needed and not the case 3. I was way wrong.

At about the 60% complete range it started to get predictable, I was a solid 3 star's at that point as well. After finishing this book I don't even remember the halfway point. So much happened in the 2nd half of this novel that by the time of the ending and seeing how they "confirm" the automobile (lol I said I would try to not give anything away) I had completely forgot about it. I think this was a great thriller and as someone that reloads/casts bullets etc. I appreciated the authenticity of the firearms and said lingo (that's why I'm a huge Stephen Hunter fan btw). I wouldn't go as far to say that this is a favorite because it's leveled off and any book I deem a favorite of mine means that from page 1 to the end I was no less a 5. I mean even books that are not so good until the end can still leave you intrigued throughout, I seriously thought I had this book pegged at the halfway point. I will also say that I've never been so glad to be proven wrong. If you enjoyed the first, ignore the book description it does describe anything, read this. Also, finish the entire thing as well ;).

format- audiobook

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Die Trying.

10/24/2011
30.0% "Hmmmm changes up to a 3rd person point of view, not bad. Keeps the pace up."
10/26/2011
60.0% "Has a Waco feeling to it."
10/26/2011
80.0% "They really beef up how bad-ass Reacher is, in this one, with the back-story."
10/26/2011
80.0% "Wrapping this one up tonight!"
10/27/2011