Sarah Flood's Reviews > The Twilight Saga

The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

Oct 24, 11

This series is not the most stimulating read by any means. The writing was at times amateurish and the character of Bella is just annoying. She instantly falls for this guy, and despite her figuring out he is a vampire, she doesn't question it. Then she let's him treat her terribly by breaking up unexpectedly with her and she then proceeds to be in a deep depression for months and months before hopping a plane to another country to run back to him after he tries to kill himself. Their relationship is in fact abusive at times, which makes me question why young girls admire this couple and this book so much. The idea of waiting to have sex until you're married is an idea not written about much these days but it also just seems like another way Edward gets to control the relationship.

The whole plot could have been done in one book but Meyers drags it out to four to rake in the money. Overall, I'm not a huge fan of the books, but I'll admit, I'm going to see all of the movies justs for Taylor Lautner, Robert Pattinson, Kellan Lutz and Jackson Rathbone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Twilight Saga.