Rayne's Reviews > Black Dawn

Black Dawn by Rachel Caine

Jun 15, 12

bookshelves: between-3-and-4-stars, romance, urban, young-adult, vampires
Read from June 12 to 15, 2012

After reading and loving Last Breath and eagerly awaiting this one, I must admit I am a little bit disappointed with Black Dawn. I know, how disappointed can I be when I give it 4 stars, the same score I gave to the last one? I'm really close to just giving it 3 stars, but for now, it is a 3.5. I was bored at the beginning and the only reason I added that last star was because of the action-packed and surprising last chapters. Still, the whole plot is starting to feel repetitive and things at the end were a just bit too convenient.

On a side note, I was a bit annoyed with a line in the novel that spoke of how kind Sam, Michael's vampire grandfather, (in case you haven't read the first few books in the series)(view spoiler) I'm sorry. Maybe I read another book but that's not how I remember it. I remember Sam (view spoiler) I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how it went. Either way, I will be checking the sixth book to confirm that. The point is that this is not the first time Caine has done something like this. I love her as a writer, but I've noticed she sometimes makes mistakes like these. It is usually just minor things, like hair color or length, but this was a very important event in the series since, it changed Amelie completely, and I think someone should've noticed it during the whole publishing process.

Anyway. I'll review it later.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Dawn.