Sarah's Reviews > Demon

Demon by Kristina Douglas

Oct 24, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance
Read from October 23 to 24, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I have mixed feelings about this book. I like Rachel in some ways, but in others, the author made her too "weak." She gives up too easily, she is too readily the victim. But I guess, in some people's eyes, there is a strength in the ability to submit and trust that you won't get anything you aren't willing to submit to. Which of course... means that she gets lots of things she definitely doesn't want to happen. I am upset that she never got to tell the truth about herself and that people are still sitting there believing she's an evil demon - even though nothing she has done has indicated evil or malice in any way. I do not like Azazel, because he is so full of it - he lies and yet states repeatedly that he is unable to lie. He commits severe and utter betrayal almost without a second thought, yet he's supposed to be the "good guy"? He doesn't have any redeeming qualities that I can find in order to get over his easy betrayal of someone who trusted him even though she had no reason to trust him.

This is one of those books I've read that sounds like it's supposed to be some kind of romance, yet the male lead is abusive and/or full of hate for the woman he "falls in love with" and yet the woman is totally unable to resist falling in love with him. It's like feminism never existed for some of these authors because their heroines fall for misogynistic creeps and we are told that this is perfectly wonderful because the man "loves" them.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demon.