Jenni Ebba's Reviews > Cast in Peril

Cast in Peril by Michelle Sagara

Jul 19, 12

Read from June 27 to July 01, 2012

I received this novel from Luna Books through NetGalley for an unbiased review.
I adore the Cast in Elantra novels! The author is a pro at writing an engaging fantastical world. Yes, this is an ongoing series, so if you haven't read the earlier novels, I suggest you don't read this one. That being said- THESE BOOKS ARE AMAZING! Though easy to read, the books are engrossing. They compel you to finish them in one sitting.
In this particular installment, self-named Kaylin Neva, faces new dangers. At the behest of the Barrani, Kaylin must travel with them to the West March to hear a tale. As always, nothing can go quite right when Kaylin is involved. Sharing quarters with the last female dragon is nothing when compared to surviving vengeful Barrani. Along for the ride is of course, Severn, surprisingly Nightshade. Also, the egg hatched and out came a familiar- I'm not going to ruin the surprise and tell you anything more except to say- this is the best one yet.
Kaylin has really grown from even to novels ago and it shows! She recognizes her flaws and what's more is that she learns from them. They no longer are debilitating nor hindering- she's growing up. Cast in Sorrows is next and it's onward to the West March!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cast in Peril.