Regina's Reviews > Blackwatch

Blackwatch by Jenna Burtenshaw

Oct 24, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, fantasy, paranormal, thriller
Read in February, 2012

And the fanart drawings commence! It is a solid sequel even though there are some aspects of the book that feel like filler .Silas is very awesome and i like him even more in this sequel. He just seems so cool even though hes a cold blooded soldier..hmm maybe im just a sucker for these types.This is totally how i picture him except with short hair complete with crow hehe...
image: description

Anyways, heres the break down on the characters:

Kate: her role is so much more passive in this sequel to me for some reason. I don't dislike her and she has not done anything to annoy me like most heroines but i feel like there's a spark/fire missing in her character to really make me love her.

Edgar: Hes a really nice guy. Hes willing to risk his life and all that he has known in order to protect the girl. His loyalty is very touching and even though he is not an awesome badass like Silas, his spunk and determination to protect Kate is so sweet. Awww Edgar i think i like you!

Silas: HAHAH I LOVE HIM, ok for reals though its cause im a sucker for his type- cool,cold and badass soldier type that seems unfeeling on the outside but is protective of the girl (somewhat deep down) inside.

I dont know if there will be romance in the later novels even though i can see myself shipping the characters in a love triangle already. I dont mind though and i feel that the story moves along very interestingly.

Other thoughts:
-There was not enough Silas and Kate interaction since they dont really interact late into the book.
-i dont know what to make of the new "bad guy"

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blackwatch.

05/06/2016 marked as: read

Doumoto Arriekira Well... I do agree that Silas is a cool person and yah, I agree there is not much interactions between Silas and Kate. In Legacy, there is not much too... But in Witercraft, there are many interactions between Silas and Kate, and that is the reason I think Wintercraft is the best book in the whole series. I haven't read Shadowcry yet...Is it the same?