Karla (Reads and Thoughts)'s Reviews > House

House by Ted Dekker

Dec 30, 14

bookshelves: 2011-reads, owned-physical-books
Read in November, 2011

I saw this book for sale at a bookstore and said why not buy it and give it a shot and read it.

Two couples vacationing in Alabama are pursued by a maniac killer. They flee deep into the woods and take refuge in an old house that has been vacated for years, or so they think. They soon discover that they are not alone and that the killer has purposely lured them to this house. It seems that the killer and the house are somehow working in concert. They try to leave, but the house won’t let them.
After receiving a message in which the killer claims to have killed God and now demands more dead bodies, the couples come to understand that the seeming malevolence of the house mirrors the evil within their own hearts and souls, and that they can only defeat the evil in the house by defeating the evil within themselves.

Basically, this story reminds me of The Saw movie series, well for one it was pretty creepy and full of suspense, i for instance never expected the turn of events. It was packed with mystery as to What? Why? or Who? is doing this to them. I like the details the author uses, because it keeps me reading more and more. Their sense of detail makes you feel like you're in the house getting scared.

So, that's it. Its an okay one. Pretty scary, mysterious and suspenseful but has a tendency to be boring. :)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read House.