Lyric James's Reviews > The Son of Neptune

The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

Oct 24, 11

Read in October, 2011

So awesome to be in Percy's head again! Once again Rick Riordan took me away to the awesome world of Roman/Greek mythology via his demigods. Instead of Camp Halfblood...in this book we visit the counterpart Roman camp, Camp Jupiter. In this part of the saga Percy has lost (well it was taken) his memory and ends up at Camp Jupiter where he meets Hazel and Frank, where of course, they are sent on a quest. I will NOT reveal any spoilers but if you are a fan of the Percy Jackson series, this one does not disappoint. I just hate that I have to wait until the fall of 2012 to read the next one, which is titled (because I looked on his website) The Mark of Athena. I can only assume this story will center on Annabeth. AND...I'm also guessing that the seven heroes of the great prophecy are now: Jason, Piper, Leo, Percy, Hazel, Frank and Annabeth...I could be wrong. I must also mention that I love Love LOVE that Rick Riordan has made his books so "multicultural." As a librarian, it is so incredibly awesome to see that in middle grade/young adult fiction.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Son of Neptune.