Gertrude's Reviews > More Pocket Poems

More Pocket Poems by Bobbi Katz

F_50x66
Oct 24, 11

The More Pocket poem is a collection of poetry. This book is pack with kid-friendly poems. I took a poem on pg. 15 which talk about caterpillars. In this poem it talks about what caterpillars do. It said caterpillars do nothing but chew and chew. It also talk about what caterpillars know, Caterpillars do not know much but how they grow. It also said that caterpillars just eat what will make them to be a butterfly. It is a very short poem. The language of this poems is very simple for every growing child to understand. The form of these poem is very straigh forward. It has no lines, the authors mostly use colors for the picturs. The only thing that is repeated in this poem is the caterpiller. In every line it as a question about the caterpiller.My personal reflection on these poem is very simple. I really enjoyed the poems in these book. This poem takes a nice stroll through the seasons and events in children's lives with simple, digestable enjoyable poetry. This book would be very useful to a teacher or librarian looking for just a right poem for just time of year occasion. This book includes some more juvenile poems, and even some lshakespare and some spanish language. It is a cute little book for every kid to read. It would be useful for younger elemetary kids, be best suited for Middle Older Elementary. This book can be read by every child through out the world. I can even use it to teach children in my country, which would help them know more about what caterpillers do, and also let them know that children in USA also learn about caterpillers as they do.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More Pocket Poems.