Maria Panteli's Reviews > Dragon Bound

Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison

Dec 28, 11

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, series, romance, paranormal, magic

There were a lot of things I liked, even loved about this book. However, I feel it lacked in few places as well. The one thing that always seems to make me a roll my eyes and shake my head, is the fact that the two characters always fall in love in the blink of an eye. A couple of pages after they’ve met, they seem to already be deeply and passionately in love. And this all takes place in the matter of hours after they met. I guess it’s the whole love at first sight thing that everybody seems to love writing about.

The world Thea Harrison has built is fascinating. Even though there have been plenty of similar books released, I still feel like this is new. I love the magic that she has infused with a world where different creatures walk the streets.
I also like that she’s explored a different creature than vampires, werewolves or shape shifters. Dragons are relatively unexplored territory, I feel.

The characters in this book weren’t my favorite of all time. Pia (which is my mother’s name by the way – yes, I was a little uncomfortable reading steamy se scenes where my mother’s name was repeatedly mentioned), is the typical girl on a mission. She has stolen something that doesn’t belong to her and now she’s got a powerful and very rich (and greedy) dragon after her. This dragon is funnily enough called Dragos. He sets out to find her so she can return his stolen “treasure”.
He’s the typical over possessive male with a huge ego. A couple of mages in he’s already declared Pia “his”. “You’re mine”, wait where have I heard that before? Yes, J.R. Ward fans I’m looking at you.
All in all I think the book was fine, great even. I just wish the love story wasn’t so cliché. I will probably buy the next book in the series and I have a gut feeling this series will pick up as it develops.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon Bound.