Scarlett's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Quotes Scarlett Liked

J.K. Rowling
“Yeah, Quirrell was a great teacher. There was just that minor drawback of him having Lord Voldemort sticking out of the back of his head!”

J.K. Rowling
“Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”

J.K. Rowling
“It unscrews the other way.”

J.K. Rowling
“Wit beyond measure is a man's greatest treasure.”
tags: wit

J.K. Rowling
“Ron," said Hermione in a dignified voice, "you are the most insensitive wart I have ever had the misfortune to meet.”

J.K. Rowling
“You're a prefect? Oh Ronnie! That's everyone in the family!"
"What are Fred and I? Next door neighbors?”

J.K. Rowling
“Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have.”

J.K. Rowling
“You can laugh! But people used to believe there were no such things as the Blibbering Humdinger or the Crumple-Horned Snorkack!”

J.K. Rowling
“Oh please," said Zacharias Smith, rolling his eyes and folding his arms. "I don't think Expelliarmus is exactly going to help us against You-Know-Who, do you?"
"I've used it against him," Harry said quietly. "It saved my life last June.”

J.K. Rowling
“Well, wouldn't it have been easier if she'd just asked me whether I liked her better than you?"
"Girls don't often ask questions like that," said Hermione.
"Well, they should!" said Harry forcefully.”

J.K. Rowling
“According to Madam Pomfrey, thoughts could leave deeper scars than almost anything else.”

J.K. Rowling
“By all means continue destroying my possessions. I daresay I have too many.”

J.K. Rowling
“I DON'T CARE!" Harry yelled at them, snatching up a lunascope and throwing it into the fireplace. "I'VE HAD ENOUGH, I'VE SEEN ENOUGH, I WANT OUT, I WANT IT TO END, I DON'T CARE ANYMORE!"
"You do care," said Dumbledore. He had not flinched or made a single move to stop Harry demolishing his office. His expression was calm, almost detached. "You care so much you feel as though you will bleed to death with the pain of it.”

J.K. Rowling
“Don't worry. You're just as sane as I am.”

J.K. Rowling
“I’ll make Goyle do lines, it’ll kill him, he hates writing,” said Ron happily. He lowered his voice to Goyle’s low grunt and, screwing up his face in a look of pained concentration, mimed writing in midair. “I... must... not... look... like... a... baboon’s... backside.”

J.K. Rowling
“I know [Umbridge] by reputation and I'm sure she's no Death Eater-"
"She's foul enough to be one..."
"Yes, but the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters.”

J.K. Rowling
“Has Ron saved a goal yet?” asked Hermione, peering over the top of Magical Hieroglyphs and Logograms.
“Well, he can do it if he doesn't think anyone’s watching him,” said Fred, rolling his eyes. “So all we have to do is ask the crowd to turn their backs and talk among themselves every time the Quaffle goes up his end on Saturday.”

J.K. Rowling
“Is it true that you shouted at Professor Umbridge?"
"Yes."
"You called her a liar?"
"Yes."
"You told her He Who Must Not Be Named is back?"
"Yes."
"Have a biscuit, Potter.”

J.K. Rowling
“Harry, don't go picking a row with Malfoy, don't forget, he's a prefect now, he could make life difficult for you..."
"Wow, I wonder what it'd be like to have a difficult life?" said Harry sarcastically.”

J.K. Rowling
“Well, we were always going to fail that one," said Ron gloomily as they ascended the marble staircase. He had just made Harry feel rather better by telling him how he told the examiner in detail about the ugly man with a wart on his nose in the crystal ball, only to look up and realize he had been describing the examiner's reflection.”

J.K. Rowling
“Well, usually when a person shakes their head,” said McGonagall coldly, “they mean ‘no.’ So unless Miss Edgecombe is using a form of sign language as yet unknown to humans...”

J.K. Rowling
“Did you like question ten, Moony?" asked Sirius as they emerged into the entrance hall.
"Loved it," said Lupin briskly. "Give five signs that identify the werewolf. Excellent question."
"D'you think you managed to get all the signs?" said James in tones of mock concern.
"Think I did," said Lupin seriously, as they joined the crowd thronging around the front doors eager to get out into the sunlit grounds. "One: He's sitting on my chair. Two: He's wearing my clothes. Three: His name's Remus Lupin...”

J.K. Rowling
“But Dumbledore says he doesn't care what they do as long as they don't take him off the Chocolate Frog cards.”