Sita's Reviews > Here Lies Bridget

it was ok
bookshelves: teen-romance, young-adult, reviewed
Recommended to Sita by: Tia
Recommended for: I don't know :(
Read in February, 2011 , read count: Once and never again!

I had never even heard of this book before I picked it up at Tia’s house and I decided to read it on a lazy Saturday afternoon. One thing I got out of this. I just wasted my Saturday afternoon. I’m serious, this book was that bad. The only parts that I actually liked were when she stepped into the shoes and became someone else. Other than that. It was pretty bad. So why did I continue reading it? I really don’t know.

So what was this boring/terrible/annoying book about, tell us in a sentence? (view spoiler) Here Lies Bridget is about Bridget, a girl who dies (or so we think) and she is forced to see why she was such a bitch. That’s basically the book in a sentence also there’s this new girl (who Bridget is totally jealous of) she turns out to be the one making all this happen.

What did you think of it? Kill me now! It was that bad.

Is that all you have to say? What about the writing? The plot? Really the writing was okay, it kept me reading and it was a good concept, I just don’t think the author pulled it off. I finished it, so the fact that I could finish it should be a good sign right?

What about the characters? I liked all none of the characters. They all just annoyed me, they were either too good or too bitchy. I guess I kind of did like the step mum. But that’s about it. Ooh, yeah. I also liked the relationship that played out between Bridget and what’s his face.

Overall, I have no clue who I would recommend it to. Not anyone really unless you want to waste a few hours of your life.

P.S. Sorry this review it all over the place, it’s been a couple months since I read the book.
8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Here Lies Bridget.

message 1: by Simcsa (new) - added it

Simcsa I don't know how anyone can stand the bitch as a main character. :) Certainly not a book for me :D

Sita Yeah I know. I like to actually like main characters and a bitch like Bridget just doesn't do it for me.