Lance Greenfield's Reviews > Sinful Urges

Sinful Urges by Sonia Hightower

Feb 18, 13

Read in January, 2012

Hilarious, erotic and dark

This story was hilarious, erotic and dark, in that order.

I laughed my socks off at parts of this highly-charged and fast-moving story. There were other parts that I found extremely arousing, and I believe that both male and female readers will be just as turned on by the very hot writing of this debutante author of erotica.

The story is skillfully told through accounts of the alternating confessions of Juan and Maria to their local priest. As they reveal all of the explicit details of their thoughts and deeds, the poor priest sits on the other side of the confessional's screen, suffering his inability to do much about the developing situation. He is driven to distraction!

The sexual tension increases with every turn of the page. What is so funny, is that with each confession, the penitance tariff increases. More Hail Marys and more Our Fathers every time either Maria or Juan confesses.

I can't say much more without spoiling it for you.

This is a short story, and I read it in one sitting, even though I originally meant to merely read the first couple of pages whilst I should have been working. Once I was into it, I was there until the end.

I would definitely strongly recommend this book to all my adult friends.

Note: I received an advance copy of the final draft from the author, Sonia Hightower (pen name of Tara Chevrestt), who is a personal friend. Nevertheless, as she very well knows, my reviews always reflect my honest opinions. In this case, I was genuinely extremely impressed.

Additional note: I meant to add the observation that I was pleased to see that the author took the trouble to promote safe sex in her narrative. There was no way that it was going to go that far without adequate precautions. Well done! Not a lot of erotica writers protect their characters in such a way.

If you liked my review, don't just sit there!
Buy it, download it, read it, review it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sinful Urges.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara Chevrestt Do you think you could mention this in your erotic groups? Only 8 people have marked it to read and only a month to go. I'm getting bummed.

Lance Greenfield I just recommended it to 53 GR friends!

Let me know if any of them add it to their to-read shelves.

message 3: by Tara (new)

Tara Chevrestt Thanks. Seems Tara Chevrestt fans are scared to try her darkier/sexier side. LOL

Lance Greenfield Whooooo!!! You scary, sexy bitch!!!!

Shivering and shaking and ROTFL.....

message 5: by Tara (new)

Tara Chevrestt Lol. Smart ass. :p

message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan Hmm. Thanks, Lance. I hope it does well. When you and others start reviewing it, that will help a lot. But, it just doesn't look like my cup of tea, and to to-read list so soooooooooooo long already. I'm trying to delete books from it, not add books to it. Looking forward to your review though!

Terri Lynn Tara, I added it to my to-read list. I do read some erotica. Would you like me to post it on my Facebook pages? I have 6,200 friends on two pages. Many might be interested. Or you can friend me there and post it there if you want. I can tweet it too. I have two accounts there too and lots of followers.

message 8: by Tara (new)

Tara Chevrestt That would be so appreciated!! Do u blog or review erotic as well?

Terri Lynn I do vegan blogging. I do reviews for author friends on any topic and post it on Amazon, Goodreads, Facebook, Linked In and Twitter. Publishers actually send me books to review.

Terri Lynn I just went and posted the link to your book here on both of my Facebook pages.

message 11: by Tara (new)

Tara Chevrestt Terri Lynn, thanks. I've sent you a message. :)

Dawn (& Ron) Sat down to eat dinner and look what pops up in my feed. Enjoyed your review Lance! Lets put it this way I could certainly feel for the priest after reading your review.

Tara, count me in. I will be a debutante reader and reviewer of this debutante erotica effort.

message 13: by Janet (new) - added it

Janet Good review! I have mine pre ordered it is only 99 cents. Looking forward to it's release.

message 14: by Karla (new) - added it

Karla Excellent review and thanks for the rec Lance. Sounds like a great book!

Lance Greenfield You should take a look at Dawn's review too. The comments which follow give you some great tips for a discussion topic that you might find elsewhere, especially if you are a member of an exciting secret society!

* nudge ** wink *

message 16: by Karla (new) - added it

Karla Where do I get this Lance? I don't see it on Amazon. I did a book search and author search.

Lance Greenfield Try following this link.

All I did was go into amazon.com and search for "Sonia Hightower on Kindle".

You can also take a look at her books and blog at Bookbabe

Her real name is Tara Chevrestt, and she is the person who introduced me to Goodreads. She is a truly wonderful woman. I would also recommend Ride for Rights to you.

message 18: by Karla (new) - added it

Karla Thanks Lance. I'll just use the link to get the book and I added the other one.