Shandy's Reviews > Legacy

Legacy by Denise Tompkins

Nov 15, 11

bookshelves: erotic, fantasy, paranormal, suspense, romance, reviews-2011
Read from October 23 to November 04, 2011

This was an interesting yet frustrating book. The concept was different and I enjoyed the characters. Yet Maddy was frustrating. I kept wishing I could reach into the book and slap some sense into her. Her mood swings and irritability just irked me. Yes she had a justifiable reason to be upset. Suddenly put into a world she'd never known existed and told she was some sort of ultimate justice. But I had to put the book down several times as she just went out of control with anger. In my opinion her attitude needed a major adjustment. I loved Bahlin he was strong protective and had a yummy accent. I felt that Maddy gave him the short end of the stick so to speak. The I hate you then I love you, thing just drove me insane, I was like get over it and pick one already.
The concept that she was the ancestor of Sherlock Holmes and that he was not only real but served mythological creatures was interesting and a new one for me. I really liked the creatures and most of the characters. Ms Tompkins did a great job keeping me guessing and on the edge of my seat, the book is full of twists and turns. I do wish it has focused more on the mystery and not so much the romance, or Maddy's relationships. In the end, the story pulled me in so I felt the need to keep reading and I really wanted to know how everything would turn out.
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Nurture Book Tours via the author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legacy.