Michelle Kor's Reviews > The Vampire's Assistant

The Vampire's Assistant by Darren Shan

Oct 23, 2011

Read from October 23 to 24, 2011

This book kept me up all night. Although it was on the paranormal side (and I'm pretty sick of this genre after the Twilight craze), but at least it's more adventurous than romantic (oh yeah! So my type!)

This book is about a guy, Darren, who went to a freak show set up by some gypsy with his best friend. After the show, his friend told him to go home because he needed to talk to one of the performers. And Darren hide behind some curtains and overheard that the performer is actually a vampire and that his friend wanted to become the vampire's assistant and begged the vampire to change him. The vampire didn't change his friend because he claimed that the blood was evil.

After that, he went home and started avoiding his best friend. He stole the vampire's special spider and then somehow, the spider bit his best friend and his best friend went into a coma. In order to save him, he agreed to become the vampire's assistant and went around the world, travelling with him and in turn met a lot of people.

A very interesting book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vampire's Assistant.

05/04/2016 marked as: read