Loni Flowers's Reviews > The International Kissing Club

The International Kissing Club by Ivy Adams

Aug 02, 12

bookshelves: the-teen-book-scene-blog-tour
Read in December, 2011

When I saw the premise to this book I though it was so funny and I though to myself, has anyone kept points like this before? I think I would have fit right in with the girls (Piper, Cassidy, Mei, and Izzy). If joining the schools foreign exchange program wasn't good enough, starting The International Kissing Club (IKC) Facebook page would have been. Spending a semester overseas and no only do you get to experience culture, sightseeing, and amazing people and food... but you get to kiss foreign boys too... AND you can get points for it??! I think I'd call that a total win-win. Where can I sign up? Okay, Okay... I'm too old to do this now, but I would have totally down for it (If I would have been brave enough.)

Piper picks Paris for art. Cassidy picks Australia to get away from her troubles in Texas, Mei wants to go to china, hoping she'll find her biological parents there, and Izzy picks Costa Rica so she can learn all about the Rain Forest. Disappointment comes early when Izzy can't join in on the international fun because there isn't enough money for her to make the trip. But she's determined to make the best out of a horrible situation. She goes to work on Tanner Colt's farm, the hottie quarterback of her dad's football team. There's just one little problem...he's Pipers current crush and we know that you don't kiss your best friends love interest, even if said boy might not be interested. Even if Piper is kissing her way through Paris- it's the number one best friend rule.

It's a summer to remember! Piper is kissing in Paris, Mei is trying to fit in with the people in China (and being very unsuccessful), Cassidy is having fun learning to surf, and poor Izzy is on a stinking farm! How will this summer turn out... it's interesting to say the least, especially when word gets out around school about the IKC Facebook page. What will happen when the school finds out how they spent their time kissing when they should have been learning?

This was definitely a fun read but we also learn what true friendship is all about. My only dislike came when the chapters skipped ahead. One minute a character was doing this and then the next chapter, time skipped a month ahead. Sometimes I felt like I was being told how it happened instead of getting to experience it for myself. All in all, this didn't hinder my feelings for the book. It was fun and if this book interests you, I recommend you give this a read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The International Kissing Club.