Erika's Reviews > Just the Sexiest Man Alive

Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James

Nov 08, 11

bookshelves: own-physical-copies, best-of-heroes, ladies-of-quality, gorgeous-covers, contemporary, cheer-me-up, favorites, romance, auto-buy-author
Recommended for: Everybody, yeah!
Read from October 23 to 24, 2011, read count: 3

YOWZA!!!!
I LOVED IT!
Julie James rocked my world!!

Okay..
First, the characters. Taylor was a stunning heroine. She's a lawyer, feminist, fearless, smart mouth, and definitely a woman who knows how to fight with a real man. The only thing I didn't like was her problem in trusting a man, especially when it comes to the right man.

As for the hero, Jason Andrews, Hollywood bigest actor, the sexiest man alive. Whohooo... Incredibly arrogant alpha male. There was a quote from this book from Jeremy, Jason's bestfriend.

“I’ve watched as you’ve settled into this crazy, ridiculous life you’ve been blessed with. And I’m not going to lie to you—there were plenty of times when I’ve been worried about you. Plenty of times. Getting everything you want so easily, that changes a man.”

That was enough to describe Jason's character. He almost has everything he could possibly want in the world, until he meets Taylor. I was so exited with Jason's transformation, the process of changing from ***hole hero to a-hero-you-just-can't-help-to-fall-in-love-with.

Second, the plot. Well we all already know the summary. I'm not a fan of romance book with a celebrity hero or heroine because it tends to be boring and so cliche. But the relationship between the ordinary Taylor and the extraordinary Jason fascinated me. The plot filled with twists and turns. From the first encounter of Taylor and Jason which was so funny, every time they are together they try to beat each other ego until they both realize that no one could escape from love. There were so many funny moments, and yet so many touching moments which kept me hooked throughout the story.

I'm sure Julie James has already had huge fans with The Sexiest Man Alive as her debut. This one is absolutely one of my all time favorites of contemporary romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just the Sexiest Man Alive.

Quotes Erika Liked

Julie James
“I realized that the one person who could break my heart is the only one who should have it.”
Julie James, Just the Sexiest Man Alive

Julie James
“Seriously, Taylor—do you know who I am?” he demanded.

She smiled at this. “You celebrities actually say that? That’s cute.”
Julie James, Just the Sexiest Man Alive