Laci 's Reviews > Shade

Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready

Nov 01, 2011

bookshelves: books-i-own
Read from October 24 to November 01, 2011

What if there was a world that you could keep in touch with your loved ones after they have passed??? I actually really don't know how I feel about it. I mean if it was my family and their death was tragic, I don't think that I would want to keep in touch with them. I would just really want to move on. Well in this book Aura doesn't have that option. She can see and talk to the dead that walk among the Earth. And now she is communicating with her dead boyfriend. But should she wait and stay together with her ghost of a boyfriend, or should she go for the very much alive and drop dead gorgeous Zachary????

I am not going to lie. This book, at first, was very hard to get through. I think that I was waiting for it to be very romantic between Zachary and Aura. And when it really didn't I was kind of disappointed. When Zachary finally tells Aura how he feels, is when I actually really started loving the book.

The book was a really good book. I am hoping that Shift is going to be a lot better. If you can get past the fact that the book is about a girl that has a boyfriend that dies and she stays with him then this book is for you. But I am so glad that I read this book. It opened me to a new world, a world of Zachary and how hot Scottish boys are!! :) When I was told about Zachary I didn't know what to expect. I was told that you are going to crush over Zachary and you are going to crush hard. Boy did I crush hard. I kind of love Zachary. He is awesome. And I am now TEAM ZACHARY!!! I am so glad that I decided to read this book for him.

Oh and that there is a book that character loves Notre Dame Football just as much as I do!!!! GO IRISH!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shade.

10/24/2011 page 69