London's Reviews > Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter by Michael Reaves

Dec 31, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read in July, 2011

I recommended this to my little brother after I read it. He read the first four chapters and told me, "This is BORING!!" I was astonished at his reaction. First off, he had only read the first four chapters, and second, he hadn't read them in succession, but that's off the topic. I was also astonished because I flew through this book while on vacation in Missouri. I'm even ashamed to say that I wouldn't even speak to my dad's side of the family I only saw once a year until I finished it (which didn't take very long, I might add). It actually got my heart rate up from the normal level, which is hard to do in a book.

The story of Darth Maul's life before the Phantom Menace sheds a lot more light on the shadowy Sith character. It also explains the corruption in the Republic with Chancellor Velorum (forgive me if I butchered the spelling) and developed a romantic attraction between Lorn Pavan (non-jedi) and Darsha Assant (jedi). It explored the little-seen parts of Coruscant and parts of the Star Wars world not seen in the movies.
All in all, a very fast-paced, heart-racing novel that I would gladly recommend to anyone interested in Star Wars. I salute you, Micheal Reaves!

P.S. When my brother finished it, he probably would've also declared the last two sentences in this review too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Hunter.