Sarah's Reviews > Hide

Hide by Lisa Gardner

Nov 02, 11

Read from October 21 to 27, 2011

I had hoped that some of the awkwardness with the first book in this series was a matter of it being the first book, but this second book is perhaps even more awkward and it stands out all the more since the author really should know better by now. Granted, I don't know anything about crime scenes and being a cop and whatnot, but the choices that these officers make during their investigation strike me as so unrealistic. I understand that the plot needs to flow and all, and that the author is bound and determined to bring together all these unrelated bits and fit them together, but still.

And oh my god, why must the stupid main cop always develop a romantic interest in the "victim?!" (Except they never exactly are victims, but clearly they are supposed to fill that role.) To even call it a "romantic interest" is stretching things, since one moment there's nothing, and the next moment they are kissing, and then there are constant allusions later to their supposed chemistry that is never actually apparent...or noticeable at all.

Ugh, I think I have finally gotten over my desire to read only crappy novels. Or at least I have no further interest in crappy novels by this particular author.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hide.