DynamicUno's Reviews > Refuge on Crescent Hill

Refuge on Crescent Hill by Melanie Dobson

Oct 23, 11

Read on October 23, 2011

History, tied in with a suspenseful mystery, all surrounding a house? I couldn't put the book down because I wanted to find out what was going to happen next in the story.

Despite the odds against her--no job, no income, and a town threatening the only thing she has left--Camden decided to (grudgingly at first) trust in God and let Him work everything out for her good. It's always a hard lesson, no matter how many times you have to learn it, but Camden was able to over-come the obstacles placed in her path through her faith in God's help.

I also enjoyed reading the history about Crescent Hill and hoping that the characters were able to find the treasure to save the house or that Alex would be able to get grants or something to preserve the historical significance since there were hidden tunnels used in the Underground Railroad. Seriously, how cool would it be to find out your house has underground tunnels and that they played a significant role in history?? How awesome!)

If you enjoy suspense with a little bit of history thrown in, you'll love this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Refuge on Crescent Hill.